Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Wild geese weekend 2023

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Last weekend 24 like minded gamers met up for our annual 18th century gaming spectacular.  It was a fantastic weekend.

In brief the 6 games were:-

My bridge too far with his splendid Spencer Smith figures.

Keith’s superb and great fun FIW game with loads of canoes, indians and Magua.

Paul’s great SYW flats game.

Steve’s GNW game – swedes v Russians.

A huge Kolin game using 40mm semi flat figures.

Finally the 1870 toy soldier game.

A selection of games.  More photos here https://www.looseasswargamers.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2342

My Spencer smith game.

https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/187450/agrmrntsk075hl2fuv2u5bwieuz7dvqf.JPG

20mm flats by Paul Robinson.

n other view of my game.

Keith’s FIW game, this one was voted best of show.

Participant

Looks like a lot of fun!

Participant

Nice to see some flats being given some table time rather than sitting behind glass.

The boats and rafts surprised me – too used to landing craft duties and that’s all but it looks like they played a bigger role in the FIW game.

Looks like a good time was had by all 🙂

Participant

Cheers for your kind comments and support, yes it was a brilliant weekend.

Participant

So I saw the title and immediately thought “African Imaginations and mercenaries”. Did I miss something?

Participant

So I saw the title and immediately thought “African Imaginations and mercenaries”. Did I miss something?

No I don’t think so (maybe a Roger Moore fixation 😀), the “Wild Geese” group of 18th century gamers were formed after the destruction of the AMG forum.  Some 24+ of us have met up at Kenilworth for 5 years (not including lockdown).

Participant

No, no Roger Moore fixation. Although I though Richard Burton was fun in it.

But now you have me going again. The Hamilton (Ontario) game club meets up at the corner of Barton and Kenilworth streets, so that is where my thoughts go! BTW AMG?

Participant

No, no Roger Moore fixation. Although I though Richard Burton was fun in it. But now you have me going again. The Hamilton (Ontario) game club meets up at the corner of Barton and Kenilworth streets, so that is where my thoughts go! BTW AMG?

AMG, A short lived forum “A Military Gentleman” run by John Ray who wrote a book with the same name.  By purchasing the book you got to join his forum,  Sadly it failed as shall we say he was a bit strict and draconian to the extreme.  I will say no more as it would I do not wish to be impolite.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.