Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi smeldar

This topic contains 51 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Wasberg 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Evil Dave
    Participant

Last week I managed to finish the black and gems on the Wraithguard, this week I shaded and touched up the orange and finished the highlights on half of them. The other six I hope to finish tonight or next Tuesday. It’s a good thing too, twelve stands was the limit for me. I enjoyed painting these far less than six tanks.

With these done I hope to convert up some Wraithguard, start on those, and paint some subset of my objectives, Avatar and Phoenix Bombers before Fall In the first weekend of November.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

The effort paid off I’d say, the Wraithguard look great!

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry if you have said already, what do you use for the basing?

Evil Dave
    Participant

I make the base tops out of evergreen plastic sidewalk tiles, score down the lines a few times at the sizes I want and then break them off. I then put 10ish in a stack and drill 1/4″ holes through them so the figure bases sit level with the top. I use sticky-back magnetic material as the bottom. Everything’s then covered with fine terrarium sand over primer/glue mix. Once dry, I drop watered-down white glue over it again to lock it in. The bigger rocks I glue on with superglue.

Evil Dave
    Participant

And they’re done. The last six stands took another two hours to highlight last night. They’ll be fun to play with but I’m glad they’re off the table. I started converting their big brothers after that, they, the Phoenix or objectives is what I’ll be working on in these next weeks.

I also hit all the tanks I’ve painted to date with a gloss coat. I’m looking to print some decals out for them today, getting those on is another project before Fall In.

Evil Dave
    Participant

I gussied up the Eldar this week for a local store’s painting competition. I got the decals on, black boxed them in, hit these guys with a few coats of dullcote and then added some grass tufts. This is six months of work to date, minus the Void Spinners which still need their guns and the treatment above. Hoping to start and finish the Wraithlords before Fall In still.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Evil Dave.
    Splod
    Splod
    Participant

Fantastic! Easily one of my favourite Eldar armies out there ๐Ÿ™‚

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

That is one sweet looking army you’ve got there!

One question.

Has the dullcoat darkened your paintjobs or is it the camera acting up?

They look a lot more red in that last batch of pictures.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Evil Dave
    Participant

It was the lighting and trying to color balance them on a TV. I agree they look too red, I’ll replace them with better balanced ones Monday.

Evil Dave
    Participant

Thanks guys. I went back and tried to color adjust the pics a little better. Still not the best match, but better.

As I was finishing up my decal/dullcote/grass que I was also working on these guys. They involved a lot of cutting, pinning, plasticard and swearing at CA glue. All twelve had their arms and legs cut off. I pinned the legs after some creative bending and repositioning, and then puttied some ball and socket joints for the arms so they could be positioned any which way. The Bright Lances mounts were squares of plasticard that got some fancy cutting and filing.

The Wraithseers were even more extensive. I used two 40k Space Marine knives a piece to create their staves and arm blades. As well as some Eldar grenades and strips of plasticard for the rest of the staves and loincloths.

This was one of my favorite conversions. I was trying to make it look like he’s about to pound a vehicle or something.

Evil Dave
    Participant

It’s been slow going due to some 1:1 scale projects, but I’ve made progress on the Wraithlords. Five are done, I’ve got another seven to do the orange highlights on and they’ll be good as well.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

These guys look awesome, Wraithlords are some of my favorite GW models ever.

The conversion-work on these are really something, proper impressive work there!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.