Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi 1st game of Pulp Alley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We played our first game of Pulp Alley today and had a fun time. Definitely looking forward to more games in the future.

We played using sci-fi figures and terrain from my friend Russ’s extensive collection. This was just a learning game, so we didn’t take any time establishing fluff; my guys were rough and tumble, post-apocalyptic mercenaries; Russ’s were green-skinned, purple-armored aliens. Perhaps human insurgents fighting against alien occupation forces?

The table: 4×4, with a fuel station on the left, and electric fence and homes on the right

My league—rough and tumble insurgents

The aliens move out

Look at the scum—walking around Earth like the own the place

My league’s sidekick, a tough shooter, watching alien movement from a building outside the fence

I played Unseen Peril on one of the aliens—looks like he tripped an insurgent mine

My leader takes up an elevated firing position and pours shots into the alien forces

The alien leader gets into a brief firefight with the humans, but is driven back by heavy fire

My sidekick character knocks down one alien grunt…

But the alien leader, as he retreated from the fusillade of human smalls arm fire, took him out on the way back.

We called the game at that point—the aliens had lost their own plot point, the humans had control of one and would have control of another shortly, and only one alien (the leader) was still on his feet. The humans had suffered no permanent losses.

We really liked the game and plan on another one next week—with archaeologists and cultists duking it out in 1920s Egypt.

Participant

Very nicely done. look forward to your Egypt report.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.