Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Bigger Table to test

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have tested the rules here are the results

game rule test with 5 actors

A capture By The 4 Musketeers Rule test

Im now moving to a bigger 6×4 table to try the rules deeper.

here are the rules with all amendments

A Set Of simple fast Play rules for the age of Muskets, it has an unusual turn system

the game uses turns unusualy, whenever a double is thrown the turn flips to the other side.

movement has 3 ranges short Medium or Long, foot is short 6 inches, things like boats medium 12 inches, horses long 18inches. the player whoes turn it is can move upto 4 figs at a time but all 4 can suffer from any attack BUT each rolls seperatly on the results table. with the turn ststem you never know if your group can get big enough for an attack.

if a fig moves or fires any enemy fig in range may melee or fire . if in short range it may move to base contact to melee. you can only break out of melee by sufferring a free attack from every fig in contact, but if in short range you can move into melee.

reaction has 3 rounds the first is when a player whoes turn it is moves or fires it trigeres reaction fire or melee from the enemy, then the player may fire or melee.

you may move 4 figs together BUT if attacked they all suffer and roll seperatly on the results table

you can only attack one fig in any attack.

each attack uses the to hit table, you roll 2 D6s and add or subtract Modifiers and see if you have hit, if you hit you roll 1 D6 and apply the result from the attack result table

a wouned fig May fire but only move at a crawl 1inch

TO HIT TABLE (You Must roll equal or below to hit)

short medium long
    ———————————-
    musket 7 6 5
    pistol 6 2 –
    bow 8 2 –
    sword 8 – –
    knife 9 – –
    axe 8 – –

TP HIT MODIDIERS

Target in Cover + 3
    Target Armoued + 2
    Target Moving Fast + 2(targets are moving fast by default,by any attack triggered by the move)
    Attacker Moving Fast + 3
    Attacker has upto 4 figs supporting figs in short Range and in the attack + 1 for every fig, BUT if not using ranged weapons eg sword they all must be in base contact with the enemy(this Mod makes you stick with groups in your games like squads)
    if attacker is within short range of a Leader + 1
    if target is within short range of a Leader – 1

ATTACK RESULT TABLE

1 Dead
    2 Dead
    3 Wounded (a second wound kills a fig)
    4 Wounded (a second wound kills a fig)
    5 Graze
    6 Graze

NOTES
    you may voluntary pass a turn

boats are boarded and unboarded all figs in one go. this allows raids.

if you throw a double, you dont continue instead you imediatly pass the turn on
    a second wound kills a fig

wounded figs are layed down, dead figs are removed.

figs in short Range and in the attack + 1 for every fig, BUT if not using ranged weapons eg sword they all must be in base contact with the enemy(this Mod makes you stick with groups in your games like squads)

figs in range may melee or fire . if in short range it may move to base contact to melee. you can only break out of melee by sufferring a free attack from every fig in contact, but if in short range you can move into melee.

every time a fig contacts for melee the defender can attack(this means if 4 figs melee in a turn the defender can attack each as they make contack)

if a fig is in melee with more than one fig, it can only melee one in a turn.
    everytime a melee is started the other side gets to return attack

if a miniature is within 1 inch of cover its in cover , BUT when moving if your path takes you out of cover then you cannot get the cover bonus if attacked as you move

WW2 Mod

1 Dead
    2 Wounded and pinned(a second wound kills a fig)
    3 pinned
    4 Wounded and Suppressed(a second wound kills a fig)
    5 Suppressed
    6 Suppressed

a suppessed fig may not fire, it may only retreat. and use muskets and knives as main attacks on the tables.

if in range of a leader you may try a rally roll by rolling a D6 1,2, or 3 tou rally but 4, and 5 you remain suppressed a 6 and you refuse any orders in effect out of the fight

Participant

I may get some ww2 figs to try out the ww2 mod to the rules

Participant

managed to scavenge together a makeshift clifftop port a must have for pirates, and commando raids

this will be a test of how the rules are with distance and space

Participant

ok got my village setup

Participant

Hi, interesting.

A quick question about the ‘TO HIT TABLE (You Must roll equal or below to hit)’

Should it be ‘…equal or above…’?

Otherwise it gets easier to hit the further away the target, and your modifiers like ‘target in cover +3’ make it easier to hit.

Participant

Wow I have the To Hit table backwards, I was using a pen and paper version, thanks so much. It is equal to or less , its a roll low is good game.

Participant

decided to make it a town rather than a village.so I added a town square & castle

And New rule, if a miniature is within 1 inch of cover its in cover , BUT when moving if your path takes you out of cover then you cannot get the cover bonus if attacked as you move

Participant

the pirates have landed from the port, the first turn sees the recoats take up a defensive position , with a max attack of 4 figs the redcoats have placed 3 lines with reserves in each line to protect the town.

the objective of the redcoats is to stop the pirates raiding the town and killing the clergy, every building the pirates pass is set on fire, if the whole town burns the pirates win, or if the cleargy are killed they win. the redcaots have slightly more men

Participant

I have a rule change, when you move one or two figs the firepower against each move did not allow the group to build, so I have added a group move upto 4 figs, but if they get hit they all must roll for results

the new rule worked out well, because you approach small groups a fig at a time to avoid one fig hitting all 4 of the moving figs, but you move 4 figs towards bigger groups because you only get one attack from 4 figs

Participant

Ok I found after advancing a second party of pirates to the right a mid or long distance shot dose not allow for you to advance into melee but you can return musket fire

new rule eaction has 3 rounds the first is when a player whoes turn it is moves or fires it trigeres reaction fire or melee from the enemy, then the player may fire or melee.

looks like the pirates are getting shotup as they move into the redcoats, time for some sneaky moves I think

Im marking the buildings burned with small discs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.