Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi By the by, making some scifi options for FiveCore Company Commander.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not sure what the page count will be, but there’ll be an official scifi supplement for Company Commander in the very near future.

Mostly based around enabling miniatures to be used (walkers, grav tanks, sentry guns etc.) than speculating on a lot of scientific nonsense.

Bugs, mecha and big monsters are all on the list.

It won’t be a standalone game, it’ll be an expansion for FiveCore CC.

Participant

Ivan, this may not be the right place to ask, but…..Morale and training. How do I represent troops who have great training but don’t want to take chances ?? Like Mercenary’s ??

Or troops who have little or no training but think they are ten feet tall and bullet proof ???

Participant

You my friend, can ask anywhere ๐Ÿ™‚

Page 18 or thereabouts, there’s a chapter called “Troop Quality” that has ideas for this kinda stuff.

For the cautious mercenaries, give them 1 extra activation per turn but a few points of Despair.
    Conversely the optimists get a few points of High Spirits.

Also look at the last of the “Unusual situations” chapter for more ideas.

Participant

The Mercenary’s don’t despair they just don’t want to get killed. ย So they would be reluctant to rush forward, but still put rounds down range.

Participant

It’s just a game term ๐Ÿ™‚ Basically the opposition will get a few Shock dice each game to roll against them, so occasionally they’ll be pinned.

Though you’re playing solo right? I’d manage that through adjusting their aggression levels. (page 29)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.