Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi New Leadhead PhD: Legio Imperialis

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

This Tuesday’s game night game was Legio Imperialis. Sentinels brought down a Warhound Titan.

Check the photos out here

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/2024/02/fifth-game-of-year-legion-imperialis.html

With Respect

KTravlos

Participant

Nice. I would be gutted if my Warhound gotten taken down by those chicken looking walkers….

Looking forward to getting LI on the table in the coming months.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

We were joking it is fight between chihuahuas and a wolf. The chihuahuas won.

A couple of house rule suggestions

1) Do not permit infantry to building hope. Every move activation permits to enter and leave only one building

2) Restrict the liberty of transports to move after they have disgorged their guests. My sicarian tanks well killed by S.A air transports engaging them in close combat. Sure you can overwatch and shoot them with point defense, but I think that is a exploitable tactic.

Participant

That close combat looked like rats swarming!  I have such fond memories of the old Space Marine/Adeptus Titanicus/Epic games that I am trying very hard not to get sucked into this one.  I get that it’s 30k, so new models, but also a new scale.   Reeeeeally tempting.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Yeah – I’m with you Darkest Star. Space Marine/Titan Legions was awesome back in the day – for all of it flaws it’s probably still my favorite. I’ve resisted the temptation mostly because no one is playing it locally at the moment.

yeah, I am pretty much the only person willing to play it with Vern here. Due to my philosophy of you bring the armies and rules and I will play. Nobody else is much interested. And I will be frank I would not invest on it personally, since BBB gives me already the grand tactical feel, and I care little for 30k.

Participant

you bring the armies and rules and I will play.

I have often been the victim of my friends getting me all pumped up about a game and once I layout the cash for the rules and an army they drop out or have skipped it for the next shiny thing.  Lesson learned. So, nowadays if I like something I buy both sides and MAKE them play, mwuahahahhaaaaaa!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Yup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.