Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Rampanthammer – 10mm WFB/Dragon Rampant mash-up

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Ah interesting, I did mine as dark red.

Participant

Guess they switched it up a little as editions progressed?

More Chaotic dudes this time – Chaos Dwarfs! These were all made up from a single pack from Eureka.

To start with a unit of warriors (Heavy Infantry):

12 chaos dwarfs
    These are very reminiscent of the original Chaos Dwarf rather than the big hat version that followed.  I particularly like that one of the minis has a mutated tentacle arm – fits nicely in with Nurgle!

The pack also included a few Dwarfs armed with handguns.  Sadly not enough to make a standard full-sized unit, but by adding a Sorcerer mini I was able to get it up to six at least.  I’m thinking Heavy Missiles with the Wizardling upgrade (and reduced model unit of course):

6 chaos dwarfs
    Finally I added a couple of spear guys to a leader looking guy (well he is pointing so of course he’s a gaffer) – he can act as a Chaos Dwarf Champion of Chaos (Elite Foot, maybe with the Mystical Armour upgrade):

3 chaos dwarfs
    The minis in the pack were all really nice – the only downside is the mix of missile and foot in the one pack, but I think I’ve found an OK use for the handgunners.

Have a final few pieces to share of the Chaos side and then (barring the Bear Cavalry that is an absolute chore – zero progress made) that’s the lot prepped.

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)
    practising hobby eclecticism

hmmmmm I don’t have any Eureka, how tall are they compared to others?
    ooh actually how tall compared to Pendraken Fantasy or some mad religious flagellants?

I was not a fan of the tall hats so these may be viable for OOSR

Participant

Hope these help!

Left-Right: Crom’s Anvil Religious Fanatic, Eureka Chaos Dwarf, Pendraken Landknecht (historical), Pendraken Wizard (Fantasy)

And also:

Left-Right: Black Gate Ogre, Eureka Chaos Dwarf, Magister Militum Wasteland Evil Knight, Lancer Beastman,

To my eye they fit right in with all the other manufacturers in the collection, but obviously tastes do vary! Hope these pictures help people looking for size comparisons in any case!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Brilliant, thank you for that!

🙂

Participant

Right, last of the miniatures for this project now.

First a metal Chimera from Alternative Armies (Greater Warbeast, Flying, Flame/Spore Attack):

chimera
    It’s a similar size to the Griffon.

Adding another monstrous option is a 3D printed Giant (Greater Warbeast, Fear):

Giant
    I added a few metal shields from the Lancer beastmen.  I also used Vallejo Plastic Putty to give the giant some kind of afflicted face, a small horn and various boils.

I also acquired a unit of three Chaos Spawn (Lesser Warbeasts, tempted to give Exploder just for the fun of it):

3 chaos spawn

Finally, and providing the nemesis for my Elector Count is a Chaos Lord on a ‘Dragon’ (more like an oversized Wyvern to me, but it’ll do!) – either way it’ll be Greater Warbeast, Flying, Spore/Flame Attack:

Chaos Lord on a dragon
    Although I have seen a MiniRat sculpt of a War Altar… that might be on the cards!!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Lots of cool stuff.
    I like the giant, I especially like the bit of masonry he has as a flail.

The dragon, having only 2 legs is indeed a wyvern.

That is a pretty neat selection there!

Participant

The masonry-flail was my favourite bit about the modern (I think it’s still current?) plastic Citadel Giant kit!

Giant
    Although I won’t be doing the same colour scheme as my other Giant!!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Participant

Fourth Kislev Bear Rider assembled… can only face them every now and again… still, only two left to do!!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

They will be worth it!

Participant

Quick update: still two Kislev Bear Dudes to do… but once my current assembly jobs (Malifaux) are done they’ll be at the front of the to-do queue!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Participant

I look forward to seeing them

Participant

Just a quick update – I am still on this project but have been struggling for a while generally hobby-wise.

It’ll happen, and when it does I’ll be sure to share progress here!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Participant

I’ve added a piece each to the Empire and Nurgle forces – just waiting for them to be printed for me and I’ll share them here!

also, on a whim I’ve ordered stuff for a Skaven army too – again, will share more soon!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Do your rules allow for the full range of bonkers Skaven troops/weapons etc?
    They are quite unusual to say the least.

Participant

Do your rules allow for the full range of bonkers Skaven troops/weapons etc? They are quite unusual to say the least.

I’ll be home brewing bits and pieces to suit – the benefits of a toolbox ruleset; I can get it to work to fit my tastes!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Participant

Here’s a quick comparison pic of a few of the Magister Militum Ratmen and a couple of primed Fleglers:

from L-R the ratmen are a Plague Monk/Censer Bearer, a Clanrat and an Assassin/Gutter Runner type

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Keymaster

Cheers!

Participant

No problem! I think they look the part well enough!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.