Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Retro Sci-fi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking for recommendations for a pulpy/tongue in cheek type sci-fi game with perhaps a dozen or so figures each side.  Must give a fast enjoyable game with no-one taking things too seriously: definitely not hard-sci-fi.

I am thinking of the 1950s B-movies with the scenario being humans in somewhat ridiculous space suits on Venus and Mars against the locals surrounded by exotic flora and fauna, or them invading Earth in their flying saucers.

Participant

7tv by Crooked Dice and Galactic Heroes from Wiley Games come to mind.  Maybe Pulp Alley?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Definitely second Galactic Heroes from Wiley Games. Also Planet 28.

Participant

Pulp Alley is great for this sort of game.

Participant

Many thanks for the suggestions.  I did have a previous look at 7Tv, but there does seem to be a lot to get my head around , although no doubt it is an excellent set of rules (I may well use some of the their figures).

Another set of rules I have come across is Invasion X https://killerbgames.co.uk/shop/ols/products/invasion-x-rule-book

I have their Geezers rulebook and am familiar with the Killer B style: has anyone come across them?

Participant

Pulp Alley is possibly the last set of rules you’ll ever need for this type of game in any setting.

Fistful of Lead Galactic Heroes would be my first choice but just about any rules or home brew could put to get her to handle pulpy retro sci-fi in a matter of minutes, Song of Blades and Heroes might be a good alternate.  Reskinning is just so easy to do when you aren’t concerned with simulation.

Mick Hayman
    Margate and New Orleans

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.