Home Forums General Blogs selling off a stream lining collections

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have put up a ramble on the blog about giving tighter focus to where I want my gaming to go, getting rid of distractions and more effectively giving time to the projects that need to grow. I have spent several years just looking at piles of different parts of the collection, knowing that they need sorting out – now they have been.

LINK

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2022/01/everything-has-gone.html

Participant

Hang on a mo – if you are no longer a wargaming butterfly what does that make you???

Glad you got things sorted – a good tidy is good for the heart and mind.

Participant

Thanks Andrew, yes a hobby refresh is not an over statement. My butterfly credentials are in tatters ….. can that be true! This is more serious than I thought πŸ™‚

Participant

Congratulations! No doubt you feel better for it. Probably.

I ‘settled down’ some years ago having moved about a lot and started getting things out of storage and realised I had way too much stuff – Napoleonics in 28mm, 25mm, 12mm if anyone remembers Hinchliffe System12? 10mm, 6mm and 2mm for a starter. Now just the 6mm left.

There was tons of other duplication.

So I did what you did and rationalised. Not quite as ruthlessly.

And now, casting an imaginary eye to the attic I can see I have again diversified too much into the beginnings of periods and genres I am never going to realistically do anything about.

Currently Ancients in 15mm, 10mm and 6mm for example and some, but not really enough for a game, 28mm Cowboys and some 28mm Border Reivers, 15mm Seven Years War Imaginations, etc etc.

Time to take inspiration from you Norm, gird the loins and once more ascend the loft ladder of doom.

[That’s the plan, honest. I may have a coffee first and make a list. No need to rush. Is there?]

Participant

Guy, I spent quite a few years having a coffee and pondering, so I could never rush you πŸ™‚

I find it is the terrain in multi scale ownership that is the real space hogger and duplication there is often complete.

Your point is well made on the ease of slipping back into wider collecting.

A move is making me do the same for third time in the last decade. C’est la vie

Participant

Brave move Norm. I big weight lifted I guess. At least you can concentrate on your excellent WotR articles πŸ˜‰

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.