Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I dunno, I take some time off from the Hobby to try and regain some long lost gaming Mojo, and come back to find this – AB departing from the one true scale! – something is very wrong……..

Actually, being a Huuuuuuuuumongous Robert E Howard fan, am really happy to see this new direction of yours, and some barbarically good scenics and terrain you have been producing too, along with some great painting of the Conanesque minis – your main protagonist has a nice brooding look – and I think his female partner is going to be pretty deadly too……

As to tiny villagers – ummm, isn’t that exactly the right set of proportions? – put scrawny dirt scratching farmers next to ‘Heroic’ warriors and they’re spot-on – hell, put me and my majestic 5’8″ in a line-up between Schwarzenegger and Jason Momoa and I’d look a little on the small side too!

Talking of trees, what sort are you waiting on? – I’ve got quite a lot of spare stuff knocking around that is going begging, if you’re interested…… In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Not departing, never departing. 
    I have a 6mm project that I must chase up actually.
    🙂

Yeah, they are good for civvies but being new to not-6mm, I was surprised at the very clear difference in size.
    Great as civilians as you say, but they would not be good as burly bad guys.

Errm some palm tree type jobbies.

Cheers!

Quick goat pen using what will be “Outbuilding 1”

Inactive

Not departing, never departing. I have a 6mm project that I must chase up actually. 🙂 Yeah, they are good for civvies but being new to not-6mm, I was surprised at the very clear difference in size. Great as civilians as you say, but they would not be good as burly bad guys. Errm some palm tree type jobbies. Cheers!

Some of the nastiest real life “bad guys/gals”  I have observed were vicious little back stabbing (figurative and literal) “small” men and women.

Participant

Great looking scenic piece – can imagine seeing various villains thrown crashing through those railings by the Heroes!

although the interior of the pen is very clean – must be a conscientious farmer/herder!

Thanks, still learning 15mm and have noticed lots of things I need to add to that to make it better.
    Like maybe poop, needs some rope around the gate to keep it closed etc etc.

On the plus side those trees you sent arrived, just making a small section of scrub.
    Cheers very much sir!

Participant

You’re welcome, AB, although remember without photos it didn’t happen!

@ Glenn – agree – the shorter the man, the shorter the temper, and of course, ‘it doesn’t matter about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog’……

You’re welcome, AB, although remember without photos it didn’t happen!

Plasticard bases with clipped trunks and gunk added for texture…

Participant

Hey AB,

You got an upside down tree! 😉

Yeah I spotted that and thought shall I amend it?
    Nahhhh, could be a clue for something…

In Conan land which races are black?

I thought Stygian, but looking at Google images it would seem not.

In Conan land which races are black? I thought Stygian, but looking at Google images it would seem not.

The people of the Black Kingdoms, which is to say Kush, Tombalku, Darfar, Keshan, Punt, Zembabwei and almost everything south of them (the exception being a small population of out-of-place Meso-American types embedded in the middle of the Hyborian equivalent of sub-Saharan Africa, because that’s just the way REH rolled).

Inactive

You’re welcome, AB, although remember without photos it didn’t happen! @ Glenn – agree – the shorter the man, the shorter the temper, and of course, ‘it doesn’t matter about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog’……

As a Hispanic and American Indian male rounding up to 5′ 5″ I would say while generally true, there are exceptions.  😇 😉😅😂🤣

Participant

@ Glenn – Amen, amen!

@AB -Rhoderic has it spot on – Stygians are only black in as much as they are black-hearted!

Cool, cheers dudes.

So the trees arrived and me being me, and shiny plastic trees being shiny plastic trees:

BEFORE

AFTER

Nothing wrong really with them before painting and certainly not a masterpiece now they are painted.
    But I feel they do look nicer, very useful too.
    So useful I am going to stock them on the site!

Participant

Niiiiiice! – is that the Tower of the Elephant behind or just a random mug of tea?

Coffee!!

So these Black Kingdom sorts, any of them sort of savage barbarian tribes?
    I am planning on using the Copplestone Picts but with obsidian weapons rather than flint/jade whatever they are here:

Participant

Ah, well, yes, “savage barbarians”……. We’re straying into some of the ethnocentrically stereotypical depictions and distinctly non-Politically Correct aspects of REH’s work here…… Certainly of its time! – it would be true to say that the further south you go, from Stygia to Shem and beyond, the more savage things get!

I think the main thing to take away is that wherever Conan and his freebooting brethren roam, they don’t have to go far to come across the degenerate fallen remnants of some once flourishing Empire brought low by Man’s deadly ambition or the machinations of the Supernatural……..or frequently by a combination of both!

Bestial devil-worship, cannibalism, primitive savagery, half human deformed monstrosities, creeping creatures that once were men…… I think those Copplestone Picts will do just fine, whether tinged blue or black!

We’re straying into some of the ethnocentrically stereotypical depictions and distinctly non-Politically Correct aspects of REH’s work here…… Certainly of its time

Indeed, and hopefully people know me well enough that I am not a racist arse.

The site is now semi live, the village has been uploaded and some products have been, but no buttons yet to buy.
    If you could check it all works ok and report back it would be much appreciated!

Croms Anvil

Participant

Simurgh: Goat Pen House and Well not clickable.

Other than that – it looks good.

Edit or rather p.s. these buildings are generic enough that they can also be used for 15mm SF, VSF and possibly moderns and WWII.

Hi, it is not meant to be, I have made some changes as you were typing this, let me know if it is better now?

Stoked for these – need to rustle up a few quid then I’ll be ordering a fair few. Site looks and works great!

Stoked for these – need to rustle up a few quid then I’ll be ordering a fair few. Site looks and works great!

Cheers and cheers!

Just thinking out loud.
    Would anyone here consider buying resin rocks?

Yes you could make them yourself.
    But if you don’t have the time, materials, skills, inclination, desire to squash them by leaning on them.

What about some cheap resin rocks?

Still a WIP as the bases with have some detailing added, but overall thoughts?

Participant

Rocks maybe; rocks with crude ancient carvings in, much more likely….

/
    Chief Sarcaster at http://www.exmouthwargames.org.uk/
    Assistant Dogsbody at http://legionaryshow.co.uk/
    /

runes type stuff?
    maybe some manacles for sacrifices?

Participant

Giant skull face? Fossilised dinosaur bones?

/
    /

Participant

I couldn’t agree more – rocks…….Ho-hum, rocks with eldritch runic inscriptions……hell yes!

The markings don’t have to be super detailed – worn and weathered by aeons of Time and all that, but some detailing would make a lot of difference….. And if manacles came included, well who is I to complain? 

Liking the idea of bones, rib cages of ancient beasties etc…….

Participant

Basic rocks like this? Probably not.  Tarted up rocks maybe, in fairness I am cheap. 😉

Participant

Plain rocks would not get me reaching for my wallet, because I can make those easily myself. Proper runestones and Gotlandic picture stones are something I would go for, and I might be tempted by ‘ancient markings on a rock’, ‘ancient sacrifice rock with chains and blood runnels’, ‘weird alien rock with indecipherable glyphs’, ‘worn down ancient statue rock’, and similar items that could be used as feature pieces or objective markers in a game. They would be more tempting if they are actually scale neutral too, although I recognise that would not be possible with the runestones or the sacrifice rock.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

https://roderickdale.co.uk/
    https://emidsvikings.ac.uk/

Participant

As we are talking sacrifices, here’s another thought for you:

A resin wicker man that you can actually fit a 15mm figure in.

As to the rocks, normlly I’d say no but when I saw your tomb build I caught myself thinking: “if that makes it into the store I just might buy that!” so who knows 😉

Thanks though this surprised me.

Going by my 6mm rocks, which sell OK, I figured there would be a market for generic scatter terrain in plastic (tougher than foam you see 😀 ) which is unassuming enough that you can use lots of them over and over, where was a fancy pants rock would be a unique terrain piece and probably only able to be used once?

Yes, I was also debating doing my tomb in 15mm.
    This of course would not be generic!

😀

Right, off to ponder then.
    Cheers folks.

Participant

Dreamholme scenics did a wicker man with a 15mm victim, not sure of their current availability though.

/
    /

First person to guess what it will be can have a free one in their next CA order!

Participant

A well or a tire checking gauge.

Participant

A compound for very small sheep?

Inactive

Bathing pool?

Or a baptismal pool.  😛 🤣

Edit:  as in font for baptism by immersion.

Edit:  sacrificial pool for sacrifice by drowning the victims?

Participant
    Participant

Grain storage shed?

Participant

Entrance to a crypt? …….. Or a tire pressure gauge ….. 

Stroezie is closest…

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.